Affiliate Teleconference- 12/27/12 9:00AM
Jean McSpadden (BB)
Christopher Price (BB)
Melissa Theesen (BB)
Jodie Deshmukh (BB)
Jennifer Salvador (Fort Collins)
Becky Aamot (Boulder)
Ida Rhodes & Nina (Pueblo)
Lisa Schultz (Colorado Springs)
Carolyn Wagner (Chaffee)
Ruth Seedorf (Yuma)
Judy Duarte (Alamosa)
Corrine Merrit (Glenwood Springs)
Sharon Butler (Steamboat Springs)
Melode Mariner (Grand Junction)
Bernice Lozano (Durango)
- Sharon Butler
- We have one new partner that will be starting after February and that is the Early Childhood Council (Connections 4 Kids) that serves Moffat and Rio Blanco counties.
- Ida Rhodes & Nina
- We received a grant from Temple Hoyne Buell for general operations for our family education programs, one of which is Bright Beginnings, so it helps fill gaps.
- Our agency began a Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters, which is operated with 8 AmeriCorps Staff Members. The majority of the time is serving in HIPPY but a portion of their time is doing BB home visits, which is very helpful for our region.
- Lisa Schultz
- We have a signed MOU with St. Francis Medical Center. On Jan. 3rd and 16th we will be training the charge nurses and department managers in the Pediatrics, Mom/Baby and NICU departments. The charge nurses will then train all their staff (approximately 165 people). All families they see that has children within our age group will receive a visit from the appropriate nurse. By Feb. 1st, everyone in these three departments should be trained and will start doing visits. FYI, Mom/Baby delivers approx. 200 babies/month.
- Corrine Merrit
- Trained 3 volunteers from a new partner called Vail Valley Youth Foundation.
- Jennifer Salvador
- I will investigate options to provide on-sight BB visits to new moms at the hospital or Wee Step follow-up. BB staff would provide the visits if able to get approval. I will set-up meeting with the nursing director this quarter to discuss ideas and options for direct hospital outreach.
- Successful outreach in 2012: park and library story time visits provided. BB staff went to these sights where families were already gathering and offered visits. Over a 100 visits added due to this outreach.
- We did receive Temple Hoyne Buell grant for 2012/13.
- Visits up from 2011 by 9%.
- Becky Aamot
- Partner agency received a CBCAP Grant that covers a part-time Spanish speaking assistant for me. My goal is to have her doing much more outreach to agencies and communities that are predominately Spanish speaking.
- Ruth Seedorf
- Baby Bear Hugs has been working on becoming a Nurse Family Partnership site, and will be writing the application for funding in January
- Melode Mariner
- 1 staff member 32 hours/wk Program Coordinator
- 3 part time facilitators 4 hrs/wk Infant/Early Toddler Years Family Support Groups
- 3 volunteers Parenting That Works Parent Education Program
- 1 intern CMU Psychology Dept 9 hrs/wk through May 15th
- 3 BB volunteers (still getting them ready. Illness has flattened everyone’s enthusiasm)
- Approaching church council for volunteers at each church
- Carolyn Wagner
- Trained 3 new partner agencies in last few weeks
- Berenice Lozano
- Working on re-establishing lost partnerships, such as Bright Futures in Telluride.
- Working on expanding Bright Beginnings
- Christopher Price
- Walton grant update
- Portion to go to upgrading CiviCore
- The focus of the grant is on Denver and we will share what we learn.
- We are looking at increasing continuity rates
- Walton grant update
- Introduction to Jodie Deshmukh our new Director of Development
- Jodie will share pass through funding news when she calls the affiliates in January
- Issues with Civicore bringing up 2009 DOB survey calls
- Civicore glitch?
- Christopher is trying to resolve
- CO Health Foundation (unduplicated visits)
- Their definition of visit is the number of adults present at any given time
- Face-to-Face Meetings
- Scheduling for March, July, and after Gala
- Would like to have one of the meetings at Nancy Accetta’s Cabin
- Try to Get 2012 data entered by Feb 2013 Board meeting
- Working with Bonnie Camp to involve her and her knowledge
- Ruth encouraged BB to call the affiliates with early childhood research